Head of Direct Procurement
Huge multinational FMCG Company (food industry).
To ensure the category sourcing and contract (s) meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply standards, policies, standards and platforms and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages the company's service delivery and commercial risk.
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the category strategy and targets.
- To ensure any direct reports receive the appropriate training and development to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to deliver our business goals.
- To set personal development plans and targets for any direct reports and review performance against those targets.
- To drive and facilitate "source to contract" for specific categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and may include one-off spend items.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms as agreed by the Procurement Director.
- To capture and report on compliance using the agreed compliance platform and escalate through account management.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA's and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- Detailed knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic level
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits.
- Experience in successful development of complex, multi-country contracts and agreements within a Manufacturing or Production background
- Demonstrable experience in understanding and implementing Category Plans through the development and deployment of Strategic Sourcing Plans at a Country Level
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier's records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Fluent English