Head of Consumer Insight & Market Research
Big FMCG Company (food industry).
The Consumer and Insight Manager will identify and translate consumer needs, insights and behaviours to guide Mareven overall business, brand strategy, brand communication, innovation and marketing initiatives. The person plays a key role in generating insights and monitoring trends, and ensuring that any learnings are communicated, understood and acted upon by the business.
- To bring consumer input into marketing decisions in the brand team and in the business. To provide brand teams with actionable understanding of consumers, competitors and markets.
- To provide the business with regular analytical reports from both external and internal data. To collect internal sales data and transfer them into reports as required by the business.
- To develop and implement the annual research programme in order to provide the necessary consumer knowledge and insight for decision-making and brand planning and to identify and fill any knowledge gaps according to business and marketing objectives.
- To be the objective consumer expert/consultant and to proactively contribute to discussions on future brand plans to ensure that the voice of the consumer is represented and consumer knowledge is integrated into decision making. To pro-actively assist in the development of 360 degree Brand Activation plans, by using qualitative research to explore creative ideas and optimise channels and specific executions.
- The job holder will have the passion to drive their brand teams to really get under the skin of their target consumers and to use innovative ways to generate insights that help to create first class brand activation.
- To maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of market research projects by managing projects within agreed budgets.
- To provide strong analysis to support brand/category decisions through ongoing continuous data: extracting, interpreting and communicating information for a range of business activities including: brand / category performance, launch evaluations, competitor activity.
- To remain up-to-date with best practise research techniques so that they can be implemented with the brand team.
- To work closely with our agencies (research, media and creative agencies) to ensure excellent quality of work and strong commitment to the business. The job holder will work closely with our agency partners to ensure that clear business issues drive research briefs.
- The job holder will be pro-active in ensuring that the board, business groups, brand and category teams are exposed to the very latest brand and market performance through efficient, illuminating and usable standard reporting.
- The job holder will be passionate about helping to raise the profile of CMI in the overall business.
- To manage 1+ team member(s) in CMI team.
- Excellent working knowledge of English
- Excellent analytical skills/ability to interpret data
- Strong team player
- Good presentation skills
- Highly numerate and adept at working with data
- Ability to apply consumer and market understanding to business issues
- Microsoft Office Software experience
- 4+ years experience of related consumer/market research experience, preferably in an FMCG environment
- Experience in key qualitative and quantitative ad-hoc consumer and market understanding techniques
- Experience in continuous data sources; including consumer panel and retail audit
- Experience in analysing and synthesising continuous data from different sources
- Experience in leading/facilitating meetings, workshops
- Experience in cross functional team-working
- Experience in FMCG markets preferable